2013. október 16., szerda

Auction & Fair by Róbert Józsa

11th October 2013

As I work for an atiquity shop, I have the opportunity to join my colleagues in auctions and fairs. Two weeks ago I and my colleagues went to Canterbury to sell some furniture and silver cutlery. The boss of the auction house didn’t offer enough money, so we left.

10th of October, 2:00 am, Broadstairs. The weather was terrible, windy and rainy. My boss, David drove the lorry. Me and Simon tried to sleep a little bit, but we couldn’t. We arrived to Newark, Nottingham at about 5:30 am then we discharged the stuffs to our place, but in the afternoon the wind gained speed and lots of ceramic things got broken. We had to take back all the things to the van. We had a dilemma, either we go home or pay 15£ more for a placement in a pavilion. We chose the second option. In the morning we got up at half past six, we took a shower but the water was cold. The business was worse than we expected, we sold only about 20 things, I think it happened because the weather was horrible. We set out for Broadstairs at about 2:00 pm, but unfortunately there was a traffic jam. The fortune in the misfortunate was that we could talk with each other a lot. That trip was a memory for a lifetime.

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése